Number of players: 2 Age range: 10 and up
Objective: The objective of the game is to capture your opponent's king.
- A standard chessboard and pieces
- A deck of cards with various chess pieces and their corresponding costs
- A set of chips or coins, representing the players' currency
- Set up the standard chessboard.
- Each player starts with a set amount of currency, for example, 100 chips.
- Players take turns purchasing chess pieces from the deck of cards. The cost of each piece is indicated on the card.
- Once a player has purchased a piece, they must place it on their side of the board and make a move with it on their next turn.
- If a player captures an opponent's piece, they gain the captured piece's value in currency.
- The game continues as standard chess, with players moving their pieces and attempting to capture their opponent's king.
- A player can only purchase additional pieces when they have sufficient currency to do so.
- The game ends when a player captures their opponent's king.
This chess variant adds an extra layer of strategy as players must balance their purchases with their gameplay. It allows players to build a custom army and opens up new tactics and strategies, making the game more dynamic and interesting.