Good Backup Rules:
- 3-2-1: There should be 3 copies of data on 2 different media with 1 copy being off site
- LOCKSS: Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe
Windows 10 Setup
These are the relevant Windows Settings pages:
- App volume and device preferences:
- Sound Control Center:
VB Audio offers some great tools to mix your audio for different purposes/scenarios. I use VB-CABLE and Voice Meeter.
VB-CABLE Virtual Audio Device
Voice Meeter Potato
You can export your device footprint on a activated licensed version of Voice Meeter. Backup this file and import it after re-installing your PC (first install all drivers, then install Voicemeeter Potato. This will ensure the licence works even if the challenge code is different.
- Backup footprint
- Do changes to your system (new hardware/re-install)
- Install Voice Meeter Potato
- Enter e-mail address your used for Voice Meeter license and registration.
- Import the footprint
- Enter your previous Response code.
Add GoPro 7 Black
I am using a cheap capture card called "Amozo 4K HDMI Video Capture Card, USB 3.0 Game Capture Card 1080P".
The folloing GoPro settings are setup:
To make this work no drivers need to be installed. The following OBS settings work for me:
- Add a new source, select "video capture device" → "audio and video input capture"
- Sources → Click "+"→ Find the "Video Capture Device"
- Choose "USB Video" as device
- Change the following settings:
- Click "Deactivate"
- Resolution/FPS choose "customize" → Resolution select "1920x1080"
- FPS choose "60"
- Video format select "MJPEG"
There is some delay which needs to be adjusted to all input is synced properly: